On Wed 21 Oct 2009 15:49, Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org> wrote:

> Discuess here would be helpful for the participants (including commiters only)
> don't you think?

planners-2009-a...@apachecon.com.  If a committer wants to volunteer on
a planning committee, we can add them to the planners list.

> If China would be impossible, Tokyo would be also nice.  And Bali
> (near Jakarta) would be attractive. 10th anniversary and Jakarta's
> 10th anniversary --- "BACK to the FUTURE!"

As already mentioned we're putting together an event in late November
and early December in both Beijing and Colombo.  At this point, I
believe the events are fairly well planned and we'll be getting info out
to the public soon.  There's only a couple of people volunteering and
everyone is very busy, so we're a little slow on getting it organized.

We've had very mixed success on events in Asia.  The larger event in
Hong Kong in 2007 was cancelled due to insufficient registration.  At
this point, we look for a local sponsor such as a trusted individual,
user group, or local company to take a lot of the lead in these events.

My suggestion is to attend one or both of the events later this year and
see how it goes.  We can then look at your ideas for 2010.

--
   J. Aaron Farr
   馮傑仁