On 23 April 2012 16:39, Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> We recently held a VOTE [0] over on user@ and d...@gora.apache.org and only
> two official VOTE's were actually passed. For the record both were weighted
> in favour of a +1.
>
> Based on the nature of the VOTE and its conformance to the 'minimum quorum
> of three +1 votes' rule I am pretty much stumped about where to go next? As
> a whole the Gora community relies on lazy consensus, however in this case I
> am not satisfied that we can apply this attitude to the release package
> VOTE'ing process. I would therefore really appreciate some advice on how to
> progress with this.

You are correct. All releases must carry three +1 votes. It's one of
the few fixed points in the Apache Way.

I note from the Gora archives that the VOTE text was incorrect and as
a result one member of the community felt unable to vote. At this
point the vote should probably have been cancelled and called again.

In addition to the incorrect wording a community member (Ferdy) raised
some issues, at least one of which you responded to saying "For me
this is the most concerning and I don't like the look of it one bit."
Ferdy is not listed on the graduation resolution [1] so unless he's
recently been voted in he is a community member, and a valuable one at
that since he clearly evaluated the release candidate. His concerns
should be properly addressed (preferably by him with a patch ;-) By
the time you get to the next release he might just have a binding
vote.

Regardless of the above issues, votes should run for *at least* 72
hours rather than exactly 72 hours. You and other members of the
community should gently nudge other PMC members and ask them to review
the release. Patience is probably all that is needed, especially in a
small community.

If you continue to have problems let us know.

Ross

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/lzhuqltozcopum6i

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)