On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 08:58 +0100, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
> I see more and more people using it as phone. Personally I find the design
> ridiculous (big, crufty software) and never quite understood the use of push
> email anyway...

Push email is important when you are relying on email for timely
notifications.  Of course, whether you should use smtp as a timely
notification protocol is open to debate.

As for killer app that appeals to mass market:

Call screening.

When someone calls you and they go to answering machine you can listen
and pick up if you choose.

I said answering machine to distinguish the voice messaging services on
the cellphone verses those provided by the cellphone company.

Regards,

Red