Salve Gabriel!

Gabriel Ambuehl schrieb am Mittwoch, den 13. Dezember 2006 um 14:24h:

> On Wednesday 13 December 2006 13:57, Robert Michel wrote:
> > I fear AGPS from globallocal is a coockoo's egg - they anounced that
> > their AGPS chips cost only 5 US$ - I fear they will make money with
> > their AGPS server services
>
> If the GPS can do indoor GPS without assistance (which is what the site seems
> to suggest, to me anyway) were are still better off than with a similar GPS
> only chip that has neither indoor nor AGPS features, right?
yes.

> If it won't do that, the chip is rather useless to me.
when it would be not so much data that is transmitted via GPRS,
because we select only the needed satellites and use a good
compression... I can image enough situation that this GPRS traffic
would worth it.

> There's no way in hell I'm gonna *pay* someone to constantly know where I
> am ;)
>
> > >     - get authority from cell providers and network operators for
> > > AGPS to go through them
> > GPRS/SSL
>
> Agreed, if you pay for the traffic, they better do not interfere with it. The
> telcos being common carriers could even get into major trouble for doing
> that, let's just hope network neutrality is being upheld...

Network neutrality is no question for GPRS/SSL.
A dream would be, when the network poeretor wouldn't be just neutral,
when they serve assited GPS data for free or a fixed price (1-2
Euro/month)

When there is an open protocoll for serve assited data
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/59560

It seems that SUPL (Secure User Plane Location) is for this,
HP has an own protcoll and did compared both here:
http://h71019.www7.hp.com/enterprise/downloads/Article_Dueling_Architectures_UserPlane-ControlPlane.pdf

And an idea for an WAP extension:
Because some network operators have interesting tariffs with wap flat,
it could be work to serve LTO or AGPS data via wap to have fixed costs.

rob