On 21/01/07, David Schlesinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Both my girlfriend and father are aware of Free Software and what it
 >means. This is due to me coming across the FSF out of curiosity about
 >GNU, and then passing that knowledge onto them.

That's nice. I simply doubt that they'll be making cell phone purchasing
decisions based on that knowledge. "Runs free software" doesn't appear on
the checklist of features that the average person is looking for or cares
about. That's unlikely to change.

With the recent surge in very restrictive proprietary software -
DRM/Treacherous Computing, especially in HD-DVD and BluRay devices
like the PS3 and Vista - I think that this is very likely to change.

--
Regards,
Dave