Robert Michel wrote:
No public schematics yet - from early beginning I tried to motivate
Sean and his team to make this device hardware hackable as well,
to solder some sensors and other stuff ourself to the phone.
But I don't now if I was succsessfull with this (for the v1).
I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel hacking my phone, but it would be the ultimate mod if I didn't brick it! As for sensors some Maxim chips would be great - how about adding a DS1920?
why? - i'm controlling my "home" via irda or 433mhz radio - music, mp3
player, lights, everything. (no, not x10 -- completely homebrew + canbus)
soldering a 433mhz remote into the case would be great. no, the bluetooth is
no alternative in this case, since i'd have to write a bluetooth-stack
for the atmega32-16 that controls it.
I use / need irda for an awful lot of things - printing, polling machines, controling devices. Hopefully, the rev 2 will have an irda port.

Dunc