On 1/23/07, Dean Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The big problem with a lot of these applications being suggested is it will
require back end servers to store the data.

I'm yet to see anyone suggest "SAAS" pricing models for FIC applications on
a monthly/annual basis or is everyone on this list still thinking that open
source means free.

I'm not discounting this, but I'll be opening up a port or two on my
firewall first - most home-use router/gateway boxes support port
forwarding quite easily now - and with something like xampp, even most
windows-based folks can set up a database server on their home machine
quite easily too.

To connect the 'home-servers' together, you could use dynamic dns or a
centralised server which takes a known OpenMoko-ID and spits back the
current IP/Port and/or operational status.

Richard