On 1/24/07, David Schlesinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/24/07 10:20 AM, "Declan Naughton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As far as I am aware, OpenMoko is not using the GNU/CMU Mach kernel..

No, they're certainly not. However, "GNU" _is_ and they're failing to give
appropriate credit to the "principal developer" of their system. So on what
basis are you demanding that OpenMoko give credit to GNU when GNU refuses to
give credit to Mach...? As I've said, that's nothing more than self-serving
hypocrisy.

Where did I, or anybody else, DEMAND that OpenMoko give credit to GNU?

So on what
basis are you demanding that OpenMoko give credit to GNU when GNU refuses to
give credit to Mach...?

GNU refuse to give credit to Mach? They only call the microkernel GNU *MACH*!

Nevertheless, two wrongs don't make a right. I'm sure GNU will be
getting credit anyhow, the question is when we explain what OpenMoko
is based on, how much we tell about it's
not-all-done-by-the-Linux-guys (and GNU guys, I know) history.

--
Declan Naughton