Dnia piątek, 26 stycznia 2007 09:24, Tomasz Zielinski napisał:
> 2007/1/26, Ortwin Regel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > hotsync ID, one device, one SD card... Even if it does not work.
> > It would be nice if some more developers could be convinced that

> Prepare fancy build system with compilation on demand, then build
> dedicated software package for every customer, with his name
> hard-coded in binary. Does not prevent copying, but owner name in
> splash may lower piracy rate.

And next day after release grab hacked version from net with 'cracked by
s0m30n3' message instead of real name.

Many years ago I had such 'protection' in my application. One of good
crackers registered it (he was my friend, not enemy) and next day after
he got registered copy he sent me informations which were used by me to
generate personal copies (few IDs).

I do not think that any protection in software business is worth creating.
People will crack it sooner or later - it is just a matter of price/worth
and popularity.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

                 Don't panic. Count to ten ... then panic!