[and this was obviously meant to be sent to the list]

Simon Norberg wrote:
Hello,
I mailed Richard Stallman a while ago regarding a few things including what he thought about openmoko and his answer was:

I could endorse it if they get rid of the plan to use non-free
software for the GPS.

I don't think the answer surprise anyone, but atleast we know for sure now. And i really hope we can replace the non-free GPS software as soon as possible or atleast before the public release.

I'm still wondering *why* we need to use an AGPS device that's so dumb
that it needs the *host* to do most of the calculations, when we could
have used a SIRF-STAR III sensor, that does everything inside, just like
the GSM/GPRS module.

this sounds like this thing is the winmodem / winprinter of the GPS world

Regards
Simon Norberg