Marco Miani wrote:
hi everybody
after lurking from the beginning of this list I have a question :
Will we have total control over the GSM module?

from what i recall the firmware will interact with the GSM part as if it was a modem or something like that. yep, that means those classical AT commands...

I recently bought a Motorola Motofone F3 and my carrier ( Vodafone Italy ) called me for a firmware upgrade because the cellphone sends periodically an sms to a UK number, even if the phone is power off. Call me paranoid but I don't like a features like this. If my phone is power off, it must be like death .....

given that more and more phones use a soft key like power switch. the only way to be 100% sure a phone is "dead" is to yank the battery iirc.