> Thomas Gstädtner wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> several times there was the question about (free) navigation software
>> for
>> OpenMoko.
>> I found an possible alternative to gpsdrive: roadster [1]
>> It seems that it is in a relatively early stage and I couldn't test it,
>> but
>> it looks nice.
>> I also don't know what kind of maps can be used.
>> Currently it uses a mysql database (don't know for what), maybe this
>> should
>

> if it's not already there, you should investigate using openstreetmap's
> data

Openstreetmap is essentially useless.
I say this as someone who is an active contributor.
In _many_ years, it may be a viable alternative, but as an example, my
local town of 40000 people (Glenrothes) was entirely missing, and Dundee
(140K) had only one road. There are hot-spots where it is locally usable.