Sean sent his reply to me, since I first sent my comment to him just
by accident, damn Gmail. Here is his response for you all to see:

On Jun 28, 2007, at 9:47 PM, Ben wrote:

On 6/28/07, Sean Moss-Pultz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We're going to sell the Neo Base for $300. The Neo Advanced will be
$450.

Will the debug kit etc. for GTA01B_v4 be compatible with GTA02?
How about any future devices.

GTA02 for sure. We're going to do our best to use the same for later
devices. But I can't promise this now.

I heard the GTA02 will have a better battery, but can the GTA01B_v4
battery be used with it at all?

Sorry not the GTA01.

Will there be an option to buy more batteries? - if so, ball park
pricing? (within $50 or so).

It turns out you can use aftermarket Nokia batteries. So this should
be really cheap.

Any idea on shipping costs, and warranty length/service center? ie.
I'm in Australia, will I have to ship it back to Taiwan for repair or
will there be any local service centers?

For phase 1 the shipping costs might be a bit high. Perhaps something
like US$40 for Australia. For phase 2 we're hoping to get more local
distributors.

We're still finalizing the warranty repair stuff. Look for an
announcement before we start selling on July 9th.

In our factory in China, 400 Neos are waiting for you all. Another
600
will be ready before next week. More are queued up waiting for us
to say
go.

Given the total awesomeness and market changing potential, will you be
doing anything to ensure that they aren't all snaffled up by one
person to sell on eBay and/or melted down?
---

Make more ;-)

I want to buy an OpenMoko, to support the project, show off at the
local Linux User Group and to play with to watch the development and
give feedback, I'm not a coder. Will I be hindering the process to buy
the v1 (as I'm not a developer and you don't have an infinite
quantity), or is this type of buying encouraged?

If you have a the stomach for upgrading your phone (manually) now,
then no. ;-)

lastly... I take the 1.5/1+ has been scrapped/merged with the 2?

Merged. From delays ;-)

Thank you sooo much. I've been checking back almost daily since I
found out about this last year.

Thanks for all your support!

Sean