On 7/2/07, Al Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Monday 02 July 2007 11:02, Nick Johnson wrote:
<snip>
> I would do it myself, but from what I hear, the AGPS chip in the Neo
> isn't even going to work on NZ's cellular network. Pity. :/

What gives you that idea? It can operate as a GPS without needing anything
from the operator. It can use a bit of downloaded data to get a lock faster
on startup, and may be able to use downloaded data to improve accuracy. None
of this depends on the cellular network.

My understanding was that the AGPS doesn't have the capability to get
a fix on its own - that it requires assistance from the cell network
for some of the heavier-duty processing it does. If I'm wrong about
this, excellent. :)

-Nick Johnson