On 7/3/07, Sean Moss-Pultz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 19:00 -0700, Tim Newsom wrote:

> Supposing some company decided to provide alternate case designs or
> add
> on products for the neo1973, who do they need to talk to about
> branding
> / authorization to sell them to the public?
>
> OR
>
> Is it possible that FIC or the OpenMoko company will have a section
> on
> their sales page supporting 3rd party add-ons, etc?

I would love to help sell more accessories. Let's talk more about this
when we get closer to phase 2. Right now it's really hard for me to
divert more resources away from actual software development.

If you or anyone wants to start organizing something on the wiki this
would be even better.

I have added a sub-section to the Neo1973 hardware section of the
wiki, concerning alternate cases. there are a few ideas as starters,
including one with a d-pad and a steampunk design. Anyone with any
other ideas/more info to flesh out what i've put there, head over to

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:Neo1973_Hardware#Alternate_cases

If FIC do not have the resourcs at the moment/will not ever supply
schematics, then we need someone to measure their phone and upload
some drawings