On 7/3/07, Urivan Saaib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Nick,

I was thinking of something ala DNS, where the application can discover
pieces of metadata associated to real-world items (you name it) categorized
in a standard an open way. Users could add/edit/remove their own choices to
customize what they want from their devices (getting closer to/getting far
from vs state/status of the element associated to metadata.

This could bring a benefic impact on the number/type of applications
developed not only for OpenMoko but for any device that could gain access
to a GPS hardware.

Coincidentally, I was just thinking about integration with Freebase
(http://www.freebase.com/), which would accomplish most of what you
list. :)