Al Johnson wrote:
I was going to suggest this too. This is the approach taken for the Neuros OSD, another linux-based device. It would give a known-working build and test environment, rather than having potential developers spending time trying to put such an environment together. Mokomakefile is good, but I just can't get the qemu to build under gentoo.

A good idea re providing a VM. BTW, I run Gentoo also and QEMU using Mokomakefile built with no problems here. Are you trying to do it with GCC 4.x? It supposedly is a known bug and you need to use GCC 3.x. Fortunately you can have both installed at the same time and use them where needed. I have GCC 3.x set as the default compiler.

# equery list gcc
[I--] [ -] sys-devel/gcc-3.4.6-r2 (3.4)
[I--] [ -] sys-devel/gcc-4.1.2 (4.1)

-Jeff