On 7/23/07, Giles Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As mention previously, anything which requires the modification of the
casing will be very expensive and so it's not planned.

I'm sure however that people will have a go at hacking the unit and
addition a module in somehow.

Personally it's not a feature I care for, what with owning an SLR.

I'm hoping to port some photo management software, maybe use ufRaw or
similar. So you'd be able to hook up your SLR or compact. But obviously
memory is tight on the device.

---
G O Jones

Thanks for clearing that up. I had been waiting for an announcement of the
camera resolution like a kid on christmas eve. Was really hoping for a 3 MP
to replace my current phone or at least a 2 MP with video to better trounce
the iPhone. I still have high hopes for the phone, though I can't help
wondering how much the lack of a basic camera will affect mass adoption.

Possibly very ignorant on my part, but I was under the assumption modifying
the case to add a camera hole would be a very minor change (read
inexpensive). Ie drilling (cutting out?) a hole and covering it with some
transparent material like glass or plastic. I know zilch about how this
works on a large scale, so it is entirely possible I'm wrong here.