Michael Welter wrote:
> You're confusing GSM (Global Systems Mobile) with the gsm codec in
> Asterisk.
I find that highly likely. I'm pretty new to Asterisk.
>   They have different meanings.  The codecs used by your mobile phone
> are not the same as the gsm codec in Asterisk.
But it does use some codec. Even if it's not the same one, there is a
piece of software that can decompress it, and you can (probably) store
pre-compressed message you just want to dump on the line.

I realize this cannot be done due to licensing and other considerations.
I'm just saying that the details may be wrong, but the principle stands.

Shachar