Shakthi Kannan wrote, on 2007-07-28 21:22:
Hi,

I have been looking for an AT command test suite that can be run on
the host. I've tried:

1. Minicom:

Keying in AT commands has to be done manually. I tried using the
built-in runscript feature to automate the process, for example:

  send "AT"
  send "AT+CGMM"
  exit

or

  send "AT"
  send "AT+CGMM"
  expect {
    " "
    timeout 5
  }

but, it only displays the output of the last sent command. Buffer is
cleared before the next command is issued, I suppose. So, outputs
cannot be logged either.

Why not C-Kermit: http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckdaily.html and post queries to newsgroup comp.protocols.kermit.misc - it has extensive scripting and logging, and builds can be customised to only include the features that you want/need.

Arthur.