On 2 Sep 2007, at 15:58, Ted Lemon wrote:

This is definitely not true. I mean, it's true that the QVGA is going to take less time to paint, but paint times aren't the problem - if they were, kinetic scrolling wouldn't look so nice. No, there's something else going on that's making the UI so unresponsive. Possibly something is timing out, or something's running in lock-step that should be asynchronous.

VGA is 4x times the data, not two times. That will have a noticable effect. The only VGA device I have owned was a Toshiba E800 PDA, this had an ATI chip and it was still a little sluggish.