denis wrote:
I know that speed is not
the priority thing in developement  at the moment but how fast and
"snappy" can the Openmoko GUI using GTK get?
I'm not sure that's accurate. The developers may well have prioritized snappiness but just not achieved it yet.

In any case, from my perspective as a user of phones, snappiness is really important. I would trade most of the features of my current phone (a Motorola Razr) for it to respond instantly when I press a button, at least for common operations, instead of just almost instantly, which drives me nuts.

-myk