Hi,

today is a day of mixed feelings... I've been using a Sony-Ericsson
S700i phone for 2 years now, and it's been quite usable to me. But I
smashed the display today when it fell out of the pouch it was sitting
in. It probably still works, but the screen is unusable.

Since I've heard about OpenMoko and the Neo1973, I've been following
progress. Since my 2-year contract with the phone company can be
broken now, I've been wanting to replace my phone. But, preferably for
a GTA-02, since it has Wifi and that appeals to me a lot.

I've not been developing for OpenMoko, but I've been in software since
1995. I might be able to do something there...

I was 'hoping' to hold off buying a Neo GTA-02 until they were quite
mature (almost ready for mass market), but since I'm phone-less now
(I'll be able to borrow my father's old phone, some Philips with a
horrible interface) I would like to buy one soonish...

So, the question boils down to: When would I, approximately, be able
to buy a GTA-02 phone, and would it bother people if I wouldn't
develop for it, but 'just' use it as a phone?

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0