On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 19:13 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Has anyone seen these benchmarks:
> http://zrusin.blogspot.com/2006/10/benchmarks.html
>
> It compares Cairo (what GTK+ uses) against QT. When it comes to rendering, I
> believe Qtopia & QT use the same code. So ignoring X,
>
> "Qt was respectively 7, 5 and 6 times faster. Than Cairo in those plain
> tests."

Hi,

I'd just like to mention that OpenMoko is not using Cairo for rendering,
so this comparison is not relevant to OpenMoko. We are currently using a
temporary pixmap based theme.

In fact, just this morning I started writing the replacement theme
engine for OpenMoko that uses direct X rendering (that is, it uses GDK
rather than Cairo). Since I was also testing Qtopia on the Neo1973 this
morning, I can say that the speed of Qtopia rendering and the new GDK
based engine I wrote are very similar.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/