I have received some further updates from Harald.

Apparently we have resolved the legal issues with the driver for the GPS chip on GTA01, and the problem right now is that we switched from OABI to EABI. The original driver from Global Locate / Broadcom worked for OABI but is not quite working for EABI. Work is proceeding on this.

To expand a little on what Harald wrote, thanks to TI we are now able to distribute the upgraded GSM firmware, but we're still working on the exact distribution terms for the firmware update program.

Michael