Hi,

My apologies. Please ignore my earlier mail.
I found a couple of responses that confirm that its possible to get full-duplex audio.

Thanks,
Rukhsana

rukhsana ansari wrote:
Hi Michael,

Since I haven't received a response from the community mailing lists, can you confirm whether the audio drivers have the necessary support to have full-duplex audio required to test a VOIP application on Neo? As I understand it one can switch between a recording and playback mode with the alsa profiles bu this won't do for a VOIP application.

Thanks,
Rukhsana

rukhsana ansari wrote:
Hi,

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_Audio_Subsystem#Call_recording
lists the driver status as unknown for recording/playback.
I've followed steps at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User:Historybuff/notes to independently restore the captureheadset profile and record sound followed by restoring stereosound profile for playback. However, I was looking into the possibility of testing a VOIP application using the usb networking. Based on the above information it looks as if it is not possible to have full-duplex audio for VOIP.
Can someone confirm whether this in indeed the case.
Also, the default VOIP application that comes with Trolltech's QPE4.3 image for the Neo does not have sound working.

Thanks,
Rukhsana