Shawn Rutledge wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2007 4:20 PM, Olaf Lüke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Actually, yes you do ;-). Since the second version of the GUI you can
>> close applications with pressing the power button shortly. If you press

> IMO that's a very strange, and very unintuitive way to close
> applications.

It may be unintuitive as long as you don't know about it, but once you
know, it's pretty handy for operating the device one-handed -- at
least for the right handers. Also, note the semantic adjacence between
closing an application ("turning off the power of this application")
and closing the whole operating system.

So, to me it sounds pretty intuitive.

>   If the user is expected to close the app when he's
> finished with it, there needs to be an obvious close button on the
> GUI.

Which imposes a space problem. We already are very tight on space in
the top panel.

> Then the apps all need good "session management" - remembering the
> exact state of their views when they are closed, and restoring that
> state when they are re-opened.

Yeah, I added this to the wiki since I worked on the initial
specification. Alas, I had no chance to implement this as part
of the framework yet..

--
- Michael Lauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                   http://openmoko.org/