Hi Hank,
I think what he's saying is that you can get after market receivers for polar chest straps
eg http://www.concept2.com/us/products/heart/default.asp, which I have used myself in projects..
These can be easily interfaced to a micro (or the Neo in this case).. measure the time between pulses to determine the heart rate..
These receivers work with coded or uncoded Polar straps.
The coded straps give extra pulses after the main pules, but that's a whole other matter.. :)

Regards
Neil Davey

hank williams wrote:
You can get receivers for Polar chest straps that signal beats with
gpio-accessible pulses. If the Neo1973 isn't completely packed inside, it
should be an easy add-on.

I dont understand what you are saying here. Are you saying there is a
wireless reciever on the market which can be purchased which is
compatible with polar? If so, what is it? What is the signaling
standard. Is gpio a wireless signaling standard? If so, I was not able
to find it. It seems like a wired standard, and if it is a wired
standard I am not clear how you can connect it to a polar strap since
the strap broadcasts wireless signals.

Thanks
Hank

Neil Davey
Daveytronics.com.au

P.O. Box 6089
Logan Central
QLD, 4114

Looking for cost effective web hosting?
Need a domain name for your business?
It's cheaper than you think!!
Talk to us and see what we can do for you