Patrick Davila wrote:
I think the whole point of this takeover is Qtopia. Yes, the Nokia N800
series internet tablet uses Maemo (based on gtk). Correct me if I'm wrong
but aren't most of Nokia's cell phones running Symbian? Maybe buying
Trolltech is cheaper than continually licensing Symbian?
Maybe not. But it's way more modern and flexible. *g*

There are versions of symbian out there which deserve the name operating system. But nobody uses them AFAIK.
And as good as nobody makes software for symbian.

I would haveloved if they went to the maemo platform. But qtopia is probably really the better choice for a phone.

Regards
 Tilman