On Thursday, Feb 14, 2008, "Kyle Bassett" writes:
>There is talk about pushing startup power control of the internal devices
>(wifi, bt, gps, mmc, etc.) to user level, as every user may or may not want
>certain devices available at bootup/all the time (availability vs.
>duration).

Indeed, this along with good realtime stats on power usage and current
battery level would let people have reasonably accurate predictions of
their battery life.  It'd be interesting (to me at least) to turn
on and off the various peripherals and watch my projected battery life
go up and down accordingly.

  --pj