Andy -

class to expose it so it is generic. (I don't know for sure if it will
ship with such a battery since it is decided in .tw according to
availability and so on, but I hope it will.)

Yes, I think we can confirm that every GTA02 will ship with this new 'smart' battery. There are more steps to go through internally, related to certification, some sort of calibration. Tony, do you know more details? The cell's capacity will increase slightly to 1250 mAh (before was 1200 mAh). I am trying to release the schematics for the small PCB inside the smart battery as well, will be posted to the wiki.

Wolfgang