cool. Should we create a wiki page to collect the results?
On Mar 17, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Erin Yueh wrote:
We'd like to ask your kindly helps on network registration by using
your NEO devices. Particularly, the network from T-Mobile in UK,
AT&T in USA, and Vodafone in Germany, since we've heard some
problems about network registration. It's difficult to camp the
network by using some specific SIM cards. If you are willing to
update your network status with us, we really appreciate from your
works. Thanks a lot! :)
Our questions as below:
1. What NEO device you are using? GTA01 or GTA02
2. Where is your location and what is your network provider? eg. T-
Mobile, San Francisco in USA
3. When you boot the NEO, how long it takes to register the network?
eg. in normal case, it should be able to register to a network in
1~2 minutes immediately.
4. What is your GSM firmware version? you can get this number by an
AT command. Using SSH to your NEO, then type this command:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# libgsmd-tool -m atcmd
libgsm-tool - (C) 2006-2007 by Harald Welte and OpenMoko, Inc.
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
RSTR=`+CGMR: "HW: GTA02BV5, GSM:
5. What is your IMEI code? by this AT command like previous steps.
6. if NEO takes over 3 minutes to register to the network or it just
re-register to the network again and again. Please attach your gsm
log file ('/tmp/gsm.log') to our bugzilla, we already created a bug
for this issue.
PS. Check our wiki site, if you have problems on these stuff.
How to use SSH on NEO:
How to use libgsmd-tool:
OpenMoko community mailing list