ramsesoriginal wrote:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Pietro m0nt0 Montorfano
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Christian Beier ha scritto:

Am Wed, 19 Mar 2008 22:48:10 +0100
 > schrieb "Carlo E. Prelz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
 >

 >> What we Europeans would need is a FIC subsidiary somewhere here,
 >>
 > As I read FIC has some branch in Czech or Slovakia. Thing is: If you
 > ship a container €70 is definitely not the price per device.
 > You can help: motivate enough penguin people to buy a new phone and
 > maybe some one will risk such order.
 >
 > If FIC could ship them to Czech (or Slovakia) with their in house
 > post it might be easier to get a good price.
 >
 > Let's hope.
 > Christian

 This is what i'd like to do with my LUG and some other people near me,
 take the name, make only one order of 10 Neos and then give the phones
 to the people. Obviously the price will not be lowered a lot, but the
 shipping costs are usually divided so in total it will cost less to
 everyone. We always do the same with thinkgeek things or some CDs or DVDs.

 Just my 0.2€cent :D

 Pietro

The same also holds true if (and here comes the crazy part: correct me
if it's illegal) someone want's to buy a bunch of Freerunners (let's
say 10), customize them (with custom themes, programs, settings, maybe
even pre-filled data, some additional hardware, case mods, and much
more), and resell them, either to privates that want given features,
or to firms as a working phone, or for some specific application (for
example skiers, with custom software and theme).
Doing so would also allow to grow a family of hacks around the
openmoko (a version with a webcam? with build-in batteries? with r/c
sender incorporated? with wooden case?).
Just my two €-cents

There is nothing crazy about this idea. In fact, this is exactly what we're planning for ;-)

Details will come later from Steve or Harry.

Sean