Alessandro Iurlano wrote:
 Anyway I accept the idea of using commercial apps/maps until there's
 nothing of usable for free and freely, since generally such tools become
 useful when we're traveling in unknown places, and so that we can't map
 on OMS without the help of others!

If everyone thinks this way, there will never be an usable OSM.

What's wrong? I've said that I will help OSM to grow doing my part in mapping the areas I know and where I'll go, but if I'll need to travel where I've no maps, why couldn't I use a commercial map I've bought (running on free software)?

OSM won't grow if people will definitely use commercial maps, not if they use them as a temporary tool!

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/