On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 4:01 AM, thomasg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>Well, you'll get used to it :)
>>USB-Charging is fine. You can use a standard usb-wallcharger as well as
any mini-usb cable or usb-carchargers and so on.

I know this isn't the case, but if were to HAVE to plug it into a computer,
it would be a deal killer for me. I haven't been home in over a month.  I am
a road warrior (I spend 80% of my time on the road) and I don't always have
the option to pull out my laptop to charge my phone. Make sense?

I'm going to change the topic a little bit.  I'm a little concerned about
the direction of these messages.  It seems like the thought that goes into
them isn't that consumer focused.  It's more personal opinion based than
anything else, personal preference. My original statement was to reflect the
thought of what a consumer expects (not want) in a phone they buy.  I know
for now this is still a geeky device for those of like that like cool tech
toys.  But isn't the end goal to create a device that end consumers would
want to buy?  I see mentions here and there but I don't see a concerted
effort to make this a consumer device one day.  That was what I was trying
to say more than, "hey, I have to have a wall charger."

Let me give you another example... I've probably showed 20 people pics of
the Neo1973.  You want to know what I hear?  "Man, that's ugly!"  That's
what I hear every time.  Now you're thinking "so what? it's functional".
You and I may not care what it looks like, but consumers do.  I'm guessing
no focus group was done by FIC way back when as the prototype was created.
It was a bunch of techie/engineering types that generally have no clue what
consumers want. I can say that because I used to be one of those techie
types that focused on the technology versus the requirements of the
customer.  I'm not trying to bash the team in any respect.. They've done a
great job pioneering the first "freed phone".  Just maybe the consumer isn't
their/our focus?  And if not, will it ever be?

The bottom line is who is the target market for this product?  That's who I
am always going to answer questions for.  Anyways, I digress.  I'm sure I'll
get a few barbs/flames out of this one.