On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Richard Reichenbacher
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I noticed only one headphone getting sound when I was using a 3.5-2.5
> adapter with a motorola phone a while ago.  I would just jiggle the
> connection or reinsert the 3.5 slowly and it would work.  Maybe you're
> experiencing the same thing from a similar crappy adapter.

I have also had this happen with an adapter I got from Fry's.  It
worked as badly with my Zaurus as it did with phones (and I haven't
tried on the Neo).  The actual Motorola adapter (a short cable with a
2.5mm right-angle plug on one end and 3.5mm jack on the other end)
works much better with the devices I have tried.

I would like to see future devices using a 3.5mm jack.  IMO the
important thing is high-quality music, whereas if you just want to
talk on the phone, Bluetooth headsets are more popular these days.
(And BT is not as good for music because of the lossy compression.)
It's very nice to be able to directly plug in ordinary good-quality
headphones for music.