Eildert Groeneveld wrote:
Hi List

just wondering if everyone else is suffering from a veeerrrry slooooow operation in qemu openmoko. First it takes 10 minutes too boot and then trying the applications like calendar or entering telephon numbers is so slow that I never got past one entry.

As I have not really seen any comments in this regards, maybe there are means to speed this up.

The quemo in this setup emulates the whole phone.

If you only want to see how the software works, check out Xoo.
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Host-based_development_with_Xoo_and_Xephyr
Surely, some hardware depended things will not work, but it will be faster.
Depends on what you want...

Qemu was always a tool to emulate the phone and not to evaluate any software in realtime speed. There where times where only a emulator existed for the Neo, no hardware. This was when the qemu setup came up.

PS: I never tested Xoo. I trust the wiki howto works.

Regards
 Tilman