I think there should be a daemon handling this tasks.
As the RTC-alarm can only be once (every day), the daemon would have to
handle this to allow multiple alarms/wakeups.
The daemon would have to act like this: first set the RTC-alarm - after
waking up check for the scheduled event and decide if it's the correct day
and run the tasks. After
that decide what's the next event and set the RTC-alarm-time to the
new time (or leave it as it is in case it was the wrong day).
The daemon would/should have its own event database that can be filled via a
dbus-interface.

As the RTC-alarm might be different from device to device it might be the
clean way to let the odeviced handle the alarm-setting (communication
between the two daemons via dbus) and just have a dbus-interface for that in
the new daemon.

That is at least what I imagine.