Travis Tabbal wrote:
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:39 AM, Carlo E. Prelz <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    The switch to QT
    *requires* the abandoning of C in favour of C++, a language that I
    personally find unsuitable for use.

QT is C++, but you can write your code in C and just use the various classes to get GUI widgets. I really don't see why someone that knows C would have a problem with C++. I find some aspects of C++ irritating compared to Java, C#, Python, etc.. But it's far from "unsuitable for use". I can write both good and bad code in most any language. And there is nothing saying you have to write your apps in C++. Whatever, it's your money and your time, do what you want with it. I just find it an odd thing to be so irritated about.

C++ is difficult to link against, so that limits the languages that you can use for development. For instance, D has a hard time with linking to C++ (or did last I checked). C, on the other hand is far simpler to link to. That's why many standard APIs use C interfaces - OpenGL for instance.