Robert Taylor wrote:
> On the new Iphones, you HAVETO get a 2 year contract.
> If you decide to quit you will pay a fee that will total up greater than
> the $600 the phone is worth.

The first iPhone was released june 29/2007 and the first hacked that allow you
to use it with any operator was announced on july 9/2007. It will happen again
and unlocked iPhones 3G will be available, it does not matter if the first
bunch are stolen, second hand or refurbished, it short time everyone will be
able to buy an iPhone 3G without contract for almost the same price than it
contract. Then we will be able to compare unsubsidized iphones with moko. until
that moment lets end the flame :-) but if I am right the iPhone will be cheaper
even unsubsidized. (although i would buy a moko anyway)

>> furthermore the freedom, there is a war for the smartphones market and a
>> freephone have to be competitive  in price, not only in quality and
>> philosophy.

>> > This is only true if you do what you are insisting on doing, comparing
> things that are not of equal value. While it is fine for consumers to
> be ignorant of these facts and actually think your argument is valid,
> it's not correct on this thread as you are clearly educated and
> understand the reality of the situation.

not equal value? Moko, iPhone, iRiver, Blackberry... we are talking about
smartphones, and money is money. If you buy an orange, and apple or a pinable
you pay with money!! every fruit have advantages and disadvantages, but you pay
anyway