> after scanning my inbox (since 3. jul) -- most.
> though, not all mails from a gmail account get sent (received?) twice and
> not every mail from such an account.
> i found one mail from cc.helsinki.fi and one from hotmail.com.
> cc.helsinki.fi:

In both your posted cases, cc.helsinki.fi and hotmail.com sent the
message twice to openmoko.  Nothing we can do.  There is a possibility
that openmoko dropped the connection or issued a 4xx code, but still
delivered the initial message.  In those cases the sending server
would retry, creating two copies of the message.  But that would be a
pretty bad bug in exim and I can't image how they could mis-configure
exim to do this.

That couldn't be the case in the previous gmail headers I looked at.
The message was duplicated while still in the gmail network.