i've seen this question come up a couple of times on the list, but
it's not been answered fully:

if we buy a 10-pack of freerunners, i assume they will come with a
warranty. how do we as individuals deal with warranty returns? will
there be 10 receipts in the box, or one?

having one makes things very difficult - it means whoever has the
receipt then has to pass it on to anyone who has a problem with their
phone. and i'm sure the organiser of each group purchase doesn't want
to be held liable just because his name's on the delivery slip

or will openmoko keep a record of serial numbers and purchase dates,
so receipts aren't necessary to confirm when they were bought?