Stroller wrote:
> On 24 Jul 2008, at 06:22, Kalle Happonen wrote:
>
>> John Mark Walker wrote:

>>> Oops... :)  Yes, I mean "free as in beer."
>>>
>> Not to be a nitpick, but I think the official quote is "free as in
>> free
>> beer" which makes much more sense :).
>>

> I have never seen the phrase used this way, only "free as in
> beer" (vs "free as in speech").

Yes, I have always also heard it like that. But then I saw a question to
Stallman, "that doesn't make sense, there's no real free beer"? And he
answered that no, but people are misquoting. It was originally "free as
in free speech, not as in free beer" or something pretty close... If
there are some real gpl stallman enthusiast there, feel free to flame me
for mistelling/quoting/having proprietary nvidia drivers on the laptop..

Kalle