On Wednesday 06 August 2008 00:17:31 Brad Midgley wrote: > Daniel > > On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Daniel Benoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > I reported a problem to the openmoko bug tracker a little while ago and I > > haven't received any feedback yet. I'm hoping I will get more feedback > > here. > > there are two sources of possible trouble for quality, cpu load and > timing of bluetooth frames. > > The cpu is not likely the problem on neo. When driving it through the > alsa driver, the neo1973 had really good a2dp performance even on > older versions of bluez-utils, much better than the TI cpus (eg in the > n800). Did you check the cpu load while playing? I don't have a > freerunner, but the cpu is supposed to only be an improvement over the > neo1973. > > btw, what version of bluez-utils is in the system? > > an aside, the gstreamer plugin has had a performance issue that burns > a lot of cpu. I never did isolate it to either the encoder or > transmission components. It isn't likely you're using the gstreamer > route unless you specifically set out to do it that way. >
Here's everything I have installed that matched grep blue :p ---- blueprobe - 0.18-r3 - bluez-hcidump - 1.38-r0 - bluez-utils - 3.23-r4 - bluez-utils-alsa - 3.23-r2 - bluez-utils-compat - 3.23-r4 - kernel-module-bluetooth - 2:2.6.24+git29+2c55337cb0cde08203df321a108409b7e33e6904-r2 - libbluetooth2 - 3.23-r0 - task-base-bluetooth - 1.0-r71.02 - ---- I'll be sure to check the CPU usage next time I try it. Packets start to drop when according to l2ping between the phone and the headphones while I'm using it as well. I wonder if that means anything? -- Daniel Benoy http://daniel.benoy.name
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
_______________________________________________ Openmoko community mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/community

