I've got a question on kernel development.  I want to try to get some USB
webcam support working, which requires gspca plus usb-video and a few other
modules, not presently being build.  can someone lead me by the hand to the
simplest path to being able to build modules for the 2008.08 kernel?  Until
recently gspca has been built outside the kernel source tree, but
apparently is merged into the standard kernel source as of 2.6.26 or
2.6.27.  This driver covers perhaps 35% of USB webcams, including much of
the Logitech line.