On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 09:39:42AM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
> Kevin Zuber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just noticed on a new "testing" repository on
> > downloads.openmoko.org [1]. Are that the official update feeds for ASU
> > or another distribution? Is the merge of the two branches finished?
> > Should I use this repo instead of the "zecke" repo now?
> >
> > Thanks for answers.
> >
> > Kev
> >
> > [1] http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/testing/
> >

> I just had a look at contents of
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/testing/om-gta02/distro-feed-configs_1.0-r0.01_om-gta02.ipk
> which may be the package providing the opkg feeds config for that very
> feed if things were consistent...
>
> But the feeds definition there refer to
> http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily-feed/ ... so I'm not so sure it's
> an operational testing upgrade feed for 2008.8/ASU.

To keep it from trying to point to the daily builds, just don't accept the
changes to the config files when opkg asks you to.
-- INSERT --

I tried that feed
(http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/testing/*) last night and got a
really weird result. I did an
opkg update
opkg ugrade

It seemed to update a bunch of packages, but then I tried an
opkg list

and none of the packages actually showed the newer versions. I just
checked by looking at the actual versions of the packages in the
repositories. I can't understand what would cause this exactly.

I'll try them again today and let you know what happens.