I'm playing with debian for the last week and there are some new things
i'm curious about.

First thing is how i update the kernel and modules?
I see that while installing debian it uses this kernel from openmoko:
http://downloads.openmoko.org/framework/milestone2/uImage-2.6.24+gitr0+7a1370a816b9348dd8f36a667905dd3533cefc9b-r4-om-gta01.bin

Now i see that the kernel and modules are updated quite often in the
openmoko repo, but in the sources.list is no update source for a new
kernel. The actual openmoko kernel seems to be
http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily-feed/om-gta02/kernel-2.6.24_2.6.24+git36+a1e97c611253511ffc2d8c45e3e6d6894fa03fa3-r2_om-gta02.ipk

I know that this is the opkg version and not the dpkg for debian, but i
think somewhere had to be the newest kernel version available for use in
debian, or not?

Another thing is the problem, that xfce always run programs maximized
which can't be changed. I would really like to use normal windows which
i can change by myself to maximized state or not. This behaviour is
shown in the wiki page for manual installation with debian
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manual_Debian
but i used the installation procedure from
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnFreeRunner
I think this is just a setting in a configuration file, but i can't find
it. :(

And then i wanted to ask if there is a working way to rotate the xfce
screen like with 2007.2?

For example scummvm isn't useable at all with a resolution of 480x640.
Also for video playback it would be really nice, even if video playback
at the moment is more of a dream for the future when the performance is
getting better. ;)

And the last thing is where i can find the actual state of the
suspend/resume problem concerning partition table corruption of the sd-card?
I completely disabled standby because i don't want to have problems with
my partition table on my sd-card. I found this ticket
http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1802
but don't know if this is the right place to look if it is fixed.
Without suspend/resume the phone isn't useable at all as daily phone
because i always have to shut down and restart the neo to spare the
battery. :(

Ciao,
     Rainer