On Sunday 31 August 2008, Petr Vanek wrote:
> I have installed the new libficgta01vendor.so file but no help, echo
> still persists. I got the same error as other people ("Not
> Downgrading"), so manual replacement of the previous
> libficgta01vendor.so by the new one was necessary. I have also
> tweaked my alsa settings a bit hoping that in a combination this
> would be sufficient but it didn't help.

I tested the patch by confirming that there is an echo by calling the
freerunner, then installed the package (--force-downgrade is required),
rebooted and placed another call. The echo was gone. Some people
however still complain about the echo. It seems to depend on the
speaker volume, but I'll investigate a bit further. It's just that my
time for working on the phone is very limited. I did the patch
(including the test) in about 2 hours and haven't had any time since
then. Please be patient and report your experience. I'm pretty
confident that we can solve this issue.

Cheers,
        Florian

--