I watched a press conference (on youtube) that took place in London and there
were many important questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS5s89H6BW4
(woot he's canadian to boot no doobt aboot it)

One person asked if we will be able to run Android on other open phones and
the rep said "why not?"
There were also alot of other questions about openmoko and the rep was
asking if anyone in the room had one he could look at.

Once the code is released it can be compiled to run on arm4, but developers
will need to write some kind of interface to connect the software with the
hardware. The rep said drivers would need to be written for the specific
hardware of the open device in question (which are already being worked on)
but they may need to be slightly modified to understand Android commands.