Denis Galvão wrote:
> On 02/10/2008, at 16:53, arne anka wrote:
>

>> no.
>> but fso has it's own life independent of debian -- otoh debian on fr
>> makes
>> only sense when using fso.
>>

> So, the FSO are a bunch o deb packages for Debian to communicate with
> the Dbus. Right?
>

>> well, it _is_ a bit confusing, but the wiki has at least one page
>> explaining the different terms and their relationships.
>>

> Im really "eating" the wiki, maybe this why Im confused.
>
> Will continue learning...
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Denis Galvão
> AsteriskBrasil.org
>
> Ajude a comunidade AsteriskBrasil.org, compre uma camiseta!
> http://www.voipmania.com.br

I'll go down the list to give a quick overview where possible.

FSO is a framework distribution. It is not actually related to debian
specifically. Debian made its port of the armv4 branch compatible and
added the FSO packages to make it run on the FR. FSO can actually be run
as it's own system without Debian installed.

OM200X.Y are distributions focused more on creating the UI for the
phone. If it can be done in FSO it might not be in OM and vice-versa.

The other distributions haven't come up in this thread so I'll not add
any additional confusion by talking about any other software for the phone.

-Shawn